Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Message for Monday


Remember back in the day when I would write a special "Message for Monday" post, where I would share my recently-attained wisdom with everyone? Well, I've decided I should try to do that little trend again, starting today! We'll see how long it lasts... Even if I write only one a month, well, that's better than nothing, right? Right!

This past month I have been thinking a lot about how I want time to speed up so I can "start my life," as I tend to call it. Basically, I've lived with many, many roommates for the past 5 years now (approximately 30ish... Holy Moly). I've had awesome and memorable experiences with many of those roommates, and of course I've also had my fair share of not-so-pleasant experiences where I wanted to pull my hair out in frustration. And although I'm not saying at all that I don't like my current roommates or am sick of them (plus, living with only 2 girls instead of 5 is super awesome), I feel like I am personally over this same living situation I have had for a while now. It's getting old! And in my mind and most other LDS girls' minds, the next step after having roommates would be having a "permanent" roommate, aka getting married and "starting a new life" with your significant other.

My current lease for my apartment will end at the end of September. So in my mind, it only seems logical to "start a new life" soon after that. I saw this quote/scripture on Pinterest, and it was something I definitely needed to hear:


I know I can make plans, but it's not my will but the Lord's will that will prevail in the end. So if my plans don't work out, well, there's a reason why that is! I need to work on putting my faith in Him and even though I'm personally ready for a change because I feel like I'm at a stopping point in my personal progression, I can't determine my own destiny. I can try to control it by making smart choices to result in the end outcome, but only the Lord has a plan and a purpose for my life here on earth. 

So no matter how much I plan, who knows if those plans are what is best, even if I think they are. I don't know exactly where I will be when September comes around, but I know that prayer is a powerful thing. I prayed and had faith all throughout my Deseret News internship that I would find a job so I could start as soon as my internship ended. And the weekend before my last week at Deseret News, I was blessed by finding out I got the perfect job only a couple miles away from where I live. I love my job and I know eventually I will be able to go far and do lot of things with my job. I learned to be patient and have faith throughout my internship, and Heavenly Father rewarded me with a job opportunity right in the nick of time!

I need to stop planning and worrying about what will happen if my plans don't work out. I need to remind myself that I don't need to "start my life" later on... I should be living my life right now and enjoying being who I am and where I am in life. My mom will sometimes tell me that I should be happy being single and not worry so much about the future, because I'll never get the time I have now back. And she's right! I may think I'm busy now will a full-time job, but it's only going to get busier once I add a spouse and kids and the many other grown-up responsibilities to it!

I'll leave you with some quotes that I feel pertain to my life right now and also go along with what I just wrote about, as well as a video my life's theme song at the moment for your viewing pleasure! The song is all about "living in the moment" and not waiting and wasting the moments you are currently living :)

2 comments:

  1. You are wise beyond your years, girl! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Kylie! Live for today! Be happy in the moment! Make the most out of this time being single. Make each day a day of becoming the best you can be for the person that will be working at the best he can be for you. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete