Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Feline and Friends



Who says being a grown-up has to be boring? Although I've been anti-social lately, I decided I needed to spend some time with friends!

Last weekend, my friend Jessica came up from Tooele and we hung out for like 7 hours on Friday! I took her to The Blue Lemon (the best restaurant ever... it's tied with Zupas!), helped her get some last-minute items for her mission, and then we played games and made apple dumplings at my apartment. Her birthday was only a couple days before, and every year for her birthday for the past three years, I have made her apple dumplings. It all started when she tried them for the first time after I made them. She jokingly said, "You should make these for my birthday!" So I did! And now I make them every year. I'm glad she's back home in Utah now, since she's about to leave for her mission, so we could actually get together and eat them!










This weekend, My cousins Eddy and Miken were leaving for the weekend and asked me to stay at their apartment and watch their cat, Kirby. I thought it might be nice to get out of my apartment for a little bit! So I stayed there Friday night and kept myself occupied with the playful Kirby. He's a sneaky little thing.... One minute I wouldn't know where he was, the next I would walk around the corner and he would jump out at me! I think I screamed three or more times! I was even laying in bed and while I was texting, he would jump and run right into my face (see video for proof below)! Then I would laugh or scream and scare him right back. Crazy cat! But I'm an animal lover, so I enjoyed the entertainment.
He has the funniest face when he sleeps!
Taking over my spot!
Watching Shark Tank with me!


 Last night, my roommates and I went to the 2013 Living Traditions Festival in Downtown Salt Lake. There were singers and dancers from all different countries. And there was a ton of food from the different countries as well! I had some delicious asada mexican tacos and squeezed some lime juice in there... They tasted just like the tacos I had in Cabo three years ago! But it was neat to see some dances and other performances from very talented people! 

2 comments:

  1. ok, I watched that video about 5 times in a row! lol! I was mostly laughing at your reaction! What a cute cat! We miss you Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad I captured it on video! Glad you found it as entertaining as I did!

    ReplyDelete