Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Message for Monday

So I feel horrible that I haven't blogged in almost 2 weeks! Life has been crazy. I'm preparing to graduate in 19 days, but once this last college semester of mine is over, hopefully I will be able to be a normal blogger again!

I'm posting my Monday Message today because just like last Monday, I know I will be crazy busy tomorrow! Plus I had a good Sunday today and was uplifted in so many ways at church that I feel the need to blog some of my thoughts down.

Today was fast and testimony meeting in sacrament, and the testimonies that were given were so great. The spirit was so strong. I realized that halfway into the meeting that this would be my last testimony meeting in a singles ward as a student at BYU-Idaho. Pretty crazy how the last four years have flown by. I have had some wonderful experiences while a student at such an amazing college, and I know I will cherish the memories I've had for years to come.

I also appreciated the lesson given today in Relief Society. It was about enduring to the end and doing all we can to make sure we endure to the end. There was a quote President Monson gave once. He said, "Our decisions determine our destiny." I love that quote, especially when I will be graduating from college soon and the decisions I make for what to do once I graduate will be pretty important, and will most likely determine my destiny.

You should check out this talk. It's such a good one! It can be found here.

And to make up for not doing a Monday Message last Monday, I will post another little though!

Today, my visiting teachers came to visit me for a little bit. They are such sweethearts. They gave me this index card with the best quote on it. It was definitely something that I needed to hear.


This is so true... Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it's a cinch. I always try to get everything done at once so that I will have time to start on whatever new assignments are thrown at me. But it's impossible to get everything done at once. This can be true to increasing your personal relationship with your Heavenly Father as well. Start out by saying your morning prayers, then add night prayers, then add scripture reading into the mix. One step at a time is what it takes. Life is called a "journey" for a reason... it takes some time to get through!

I am so grateful for the amazing day I have had today. I wish Sundays would be more than just once a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment