Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

586 Days Down, 99 Days to Go!


We're finally in the double digits in the countdown to Elder Geoffrey Whetstone's homecoming! I have been waiting 586 days to be at 99 days, and I kept telling myself I would post the 99 day mark as my Facebook status when it was time. Time definitely has flown by these last few months, but I know once it gets down to the last month, time will probably go slow again! But 99 days is nothing and Geoff will be home in no time :)

I am so grateful for Geoff being on a mission. Even though it has been hard for my best friend to be thousands of miles away and 5 hours ahead of me, it's all been worth it. He's grown so much and loves the people of Brazil and teaching them the gospel. I appreciate his dedication to write to me every two weeks, even though it may take forever for his letters to get to me! I write him every two weeks as well but somehow he gets my letters much faster... as in it-only-takes-four-days-to-get-to-him faster. So unfair! I also am so happy we are able to email back and forth on Mondays without breaking the rules, since missionaries can now email their friends too!

This Sunday is Mother's Day, and Geoff will get to Skype home and video chat with his family for the last time before he comes home. I'm super jealous of his family! But at least I was able to Skype him over Christmas AND get a phone call a year ago at the airport before he left for Brazil (we may or may not have talked non-stop for two whole hours...!) I only have to wait 99 more days to hear his voice again, and his laugh which I miss the most!

So here's for finally being in the double digits until my best friend come home! Hooray! And look how much of a difference two years makes... two years older, wiser, and tanner too! At least his smile is the exact same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment