Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Family-Filled Weekend!


This weekend has been such a wonderful weekend because it was filled with family! I have now seen two of my aunts (Cara and Jana) that I both haven't seen in almost 3 years this month. I also have seen my Aunt Mimi a little over a month ago and plan on going to visit my Aunt Barbie hopefully very soon! 

My Aunt Jana flew to Utah to drive back to Texas with my cousin Derek since he just finished another semester at BYU. I was able to visit with her and my cousins Derek, Eddy and his wife Miken at Eddy Derek's friend Ricci also joined us! After watching "Winner Miken" play volleyball, we had pizza and played a card game called Killer Bunnies at Eddy and Miken's apartment in Herriman. Jana also made the scrumptious cinnamon cake! The card game was so confusing and I probably won't understand how to play it until I play a couple more times, but I ended up winning in the end all thanks to Miken who helped me out the entire time! I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. Ricci definitely got a good taste of our crazy family!

Since we didn't get any pictures together (actually, I just wanted to be funny!), I created one in Photoshop! 











On Friday, it was my cousin Brianne's son's birthday! Mason turned 7. I went to eat dinner, open gifts and eat cake with him and his family. He asked me to guess what his age was now, and I played around acting like I didn't know. "259?" "2,814?" He finally gave me a hint to help me out. "It starts with... seven." So I guessed "700?" Nope. ""77?" Still nope. I finally guessed his age! Took me long enough ;)

Mason chose to eat dinner at Five Guys, which was an awesome choice! Leisha and Richard joined since they were in Utah for Richard's brother Stuart's wedding. I was so happy to see them and my favorite two girlies! Oh how I have missed them! It was a great night. Mason was excited about his presents and the cousins all had fun playing together. I had a basketball shooting competition down in the basement with Jayni while Emma and Nora cheered us on. Jayni ended up beating me by scoring five baskets before me... I'm out of practice apparently! We ended the night watching The Host... although it was a little too slow for my taste. The book is way better!

On Saturday, Leisha asked me to watch her girls while her and Richard went to Stuart and Angelica's sealing at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I seriously would watch them for every day for the rest of my life if I could! I can never get enough of their cuteness. We walked around the temple smelling all the tulips and other flowers while trying to not get dirty, since Emma and Nora were wearing cute dresses for pictures later on! The grass was wet so every time one of them stepped on it I hoped their gold sparkly shoes wouldn't get soaked. The time flew by way too fast, and soon I said goodbye to them and headed back to my apartment to relax for the rest of the day.



















On Sunday, I drove to Provo to have dinner with my cousin Cherise and her family. I haven't seen them in a year! It's crazy how much her kids have grown. Oliver is now 17-months old and walking and starting to talk! And the twins Addie and Lydia are so bubbly and full of energy. Mack has some pretty sweet dance moves! His moves make me jealous. It was fun spending some time with them! 























It was great seeing my family! I hope to see them more often since I'm in Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment