Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tin Foil and Gift Giving

Last Monday was like any other Monday night. After FHE I watched some Hulu, read a chapter out of my book then turned off the lights and crawled into bed. Little did I know that the sun's cousin would be blaring into my window and make my room as bright as day!

My room has been brighter than I use to at night with the street lights coming in. But the apartment's next door to me that are being built still are now finished, and now the outside light above the stairs is turned on.... Right. Outside. My. Window.

Meet the sun's cousin. Mi window is the 2nd one up closest to the camera, right above the gray bricks.
 My solution to the problem: tin foil. I went to WalMart and asked if they had special window darkeners for home windows like you can get for cars. But the guy I asked said they only had them for cars. So until I find something better to darken my windows, this tin foil will have to do.
 It looks weird from the outside. Hopefully no one judges my strange ways. I have been sleeping so much better in a pitch dark room, and that's all that matters to me!
My aunt came to Utah because my cousin Brianne's husband surprised Brianne with a trip to Cabo for Christmas. How sweet is that? He told her on Saturday and they left the very next day. He flew my aunt in so she could watch their kids while they went to Cabo. I was able to go to Temple Square and also meet my Grandpa Chlarson's sister, Joyce, who only lives a few miles away from me!
Shadow Beards!
Jayni and Mason in Lion House
The Christmas season is upon us. As I have gotten older, I now love giving more than receiving by far. My ward has a giving tree, and I picked an ornament and was able to buy a present for a little boy. I was glad I was able to serve someone in need!
The best thing I did this week was put together a little Christmas package for Elder Whetstone. I wasn't going to send him anything special because sending a package isn't cheap, but I found I could send a larger envelope for only $16.95! I was so excited and went right to work so I could send him his package and hope that he would get it by Christmas. I send a stripped tie I found in both our favorite blue and green colors, some snowflakes since he loves snow but won't see any until next year, eggnog taffies since eggnog is one of his favorite drinks, a couple of candy canes to be festive, some CTR rings that he could give out to the Brazilian children (he always talks about how much he loves the kids) and a photo album I put together with photos of me holding up messages I wrote on my whiteboard. That was pretty fun to do! I'm so so so excited for him to get his surprise Christmas package!
A girl I intern with named Sarah and I decided we needed to decorate our little cubicle since it's Christmastime. I had extra snowflakes from Geoff's package that were red, since I only sent him the white ones. So I brought them for us to use as decorations as well as extra candy canes I had from Geoff's package as well. I had no idea how to use the candy canes, but Sarah came up with a clever idea to hang them with paper clips... she's so smart and resourceful! Now our cubicle is all ready for the holidays!
This upcoming week is busy but should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment