Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Friend-Filled Weekend

This weekend was much needed! I was able to spend time with some friends. It was pretty much awesome.

My friend and first BYU-Idaho roommate ever, Candice, came and stayed at my place this weekend. Her friend Rika also came. We spend Friday evening in Temple Square while it was raining... ok sprinkling but it started to come down harder as we were about to leave. It was great seeing all the Christmas lights and Nativity scenes! We also ate at Kneaders and did a little shopping at City Creek.
 On Saturday, I met up with my friend Holly, her husband and her cute 18-month-old for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. I don't know if I've ever been there, and if I have it has been a long time. Candice and Rika joined us once Candice finished a homework assignment she had to do at the Church History Library that morning. I ate these fried Mac n Cheese Balls that my mom once said were to die for. They were soooo good! I recommend them to anyone going to The Cheesecake Factory.
After even more shopping at Fashion Place Mall, we went back to my place and got ready for one of my former roommate's wedding reception. It was about a 45-minute drive one-way in a small little town called Morgan. Karlee was gorgeous in her lace wedding dress! I loved how all the decorations revolved around her vintage style and her favorite color, teal. It was so great seeing Karlee and another one of my past roommates, Elisabeth! I haven't seen Elisabeth in about two years and I haven't seen Karlee in a year. There were other friends and roommates of Karlee that I knew and it was great to catch up on life with them as well.
Later on Saturday we went to a guy from my ward's apartment. He lives in the same apartments as me so it was convenient just walking across the street! A lot of people from my ward were there watching a Christmas movie. I'm starting to get to know more people in my single's ward which is awesome!

I am so grateful for the times I get to spend with friends, since I don't get to as much as I use to when I was a BYU-Idaho student. It's hard being far away from some of my closest friends, but I'm glad we are able to stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment