Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

The 4-day Holiday Weekend

I had such a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving. I wish I had four days off in a row like I did this past weekend more often!

On Thanksgiving, I drove to my cousin Brianne's house and was able to spend the day with her family and friends. And also our cousin, Derek! There was so much food that I don't think we ate a third of it! Lots of yummy potato-type dishes, ham, turkey, rolls, and who knows what else! And there were plenty of pies and cheesecakes to choose from for dessert. I was definitely tired for the rest of the evening after we ate! We also played some Apples to Apples which is always a good game.

I think Jayni and Mason missed me, even if they say they didn't when I ask them! Little nerds!
 Brianne was kind enough to let me stay the night at her place so I didn't have to drive home that evening. And it was perfect because the following morning we went to the new Twilight movie together. Pretty crazy how that one ended. I enjoyed this ending much more than the books. that's for sure!

On Saturday, I got to hang out with my friend Laura for a little bit! We went to Kneaders for breakfast and indulged in one of the best breakfasts known to mankind: Cinnamon French Toast. Seriously I have not had a breakfast that amazing in so long! The butter/frosting and sugary syrup was to die for! I recommend everyone that comes to Utah to have some for yourself so you understand what I am talking about.
Mouth-watering goodness.
After breakfast we came to my apartment and caught up on life. We also watched the movie Brave. I have seen that movie three times now and have cried at a certain part near the end every single time! I don't know what it is about that certain part... it's just brings out my emotions!

I'm so glad I got to see Laura for a little bit! She is from Sandy which is right near me, but she recently moved to Tennessee to be closer to her fiance. I'm sad I don't get to see her as often as I do but am grateful for the special times we are able to get together :)
 Plane tickets have officially been bought, and I will be flying home to Washington for the holidays on December 22nd! I'll be there for a whole 11 days so I'm pretty excited! Then who knows when I will be home again... probably not for a good few months. We will have to see.

Tonight for FHE we are going to a member of our bishopric's house and having dinner. I'm pretty excited for that! I'm starting to get to know members in my ward more which is great.
That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment