Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Right in the Nick of Time

Last Friday, I wrote a blog talking about how I only have a week left at Deseret News and I still hadn't found a job. Talk about stressful! Well, a couple hours later I received a call from a company I had interviewed with. They were looking for a marketing assistant. I got the job! I was super excited because this job is perfect for me. The company is called Digital Trike. They are a software development agency so they make websites, apps, and other related things for companies. I will get to write for their blog, do some web and graphic design and be in charge of their social media sites. The best part is it is only 2 miles away from my apartment! It will be nice to get to work in less than 5 minutes!

The job starts out part-time with the potential to go full-time if I have enough to do. And eventually, I could work from anywhere and still work for them as long as I have internet access! I hope that works out eventually. I start next Tuesday when I get back from Las Vegas.

I had another opportunity come up on Monday. About a month ago, I saw The Dating Divas (some really awesome bloggers... if you haven't heard of them, you're missing out!) were looking for a couple assistants since they are pretty busy and could use some additional help. I applied, thinking "I'm sure tons of women are going to be applying to be their assistant... but I have nothing else working out for me so I might as well see what comes of it!" I answered some questions about myself so they could get a sense of my personality.

On Monday, I received an email from them which said I was one of the final 20 they have chosen to move on to Round Three. There were over 400, yes, 4-0-0 women that had applied! I was so shocked but so grateful that they saw something in me and gave me a chance to continue to show my skills! Round Three consisted of tasks I would be doing as an assistant... answering emails, coming up with ideas for posts and printables, taking pictures and a lot of other little fun things! Seriously, this would be more like a fun hobby than a job. I love blogging and look up to successful bloggers like The Dating Divas. It would be such an amazing opportunity to work for them, as it could open the door for me to be my own successful blogger someday! I should be hearing back from them in a couple weeks. I still have to compete against 19 others, but just knowing I was one of the 400 they liked the most means so much! It makes me feel happy and positive about myself, especially when I have been turned down a few times while job hunting for the last few months. As long as I keep my head up and stay positive, everything will work out in the end!

So... my life turned from stress and frustration to happiness and excitement all in one weekend! I'm so glad I found a job, even though it's part-time. I'm glad I have a chance to be an assistant for The Dating Divas, which is like my dream job. Slowly but surely, I know I am becoming the person I was meant to become during my time here on Earth, and I couldn't be happier! I am so thankful to my family and close friends who have been praying for me during this stressful time in my life. Without their prayers, I probably would still be job hunting!

2 comments: