Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

New Goals


I have some new goals, and I know I will feel more motivated to accomplish my goals if I post them on my blog, knowing others will be aware of them! Here are a few goals I'm currently working towards:

1. Exercise on a regular basis. I feel so out of shape. So out of shape, in fact, that it's as if I'm more tired than energized throughout the day! I know if I get back in shape I will have more energy and be awake all day. I've been going to my apartment's gym every night and walking/jogging on the treadmill for 30-45 minutes. It's really hard for me to do this because I get bored pretty easily. But I just have to stick with it and keep telling myself it's good to workout! Plus honestly, from 6 to 9 every weekday evening I have nothing better to do anyways. Gotta love the life of a grown-up!

2. Eat healthier. Going along with working out on a regular basis, I need to start eating healthier. From working out and eating better during my last semester at BYU-Idaho, I lost 20 pounds! I know if I eat healthy during the week then splurge a little bit on the weekends, I will eventually be happier having a healthier body!

3. Go to the temple once a month. I have no excuse for not going to the temple(s) lately... I live in Utah for heaven's sake! I'm surrounded by Utah's gorgeous temples. I'm going to start going once a month on Saturday mornings, and possibly rotate between different temples to be able to say I've been to them :)

4. Serve others. My roommates are really good about serving others. I need to follow their example and participate in more service activities, starting with helping to clean the church building on Saturday... my singles ward has cleaning duty this month.

Those are just a few goals I can think of right now. There's a few more, but I need to start somewhere and work slowly toward accomplishing all the goals I have so I know I will be able to actually accomplish them. Here's to working hard towards achieving goals!

I also have to say one more thing... General Conference last weekend was so wonderful! I love the opportunity to listen to God's Prophets and Apostles... I can't help but fill the spirit the entire time those men are speaking. Their words make me want to be a better person, which is probably why I feel the need to set some new goals and reach them FOR SURE this time around!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I wish you the best as you work toward a better you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete