Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Missionaries, Missionaries, and Yes... More Missionaries!

Incase you didn't know... I love missionaries! And not just because my best friend is on one (even though currently that is a huge factor!), but because I know the greatest decision a young man can make is to serve the Lord for two years. It's crazy to see young men go out as boys and return as grown-up men! They mature so much and are able to see the more important things in life once they get home. Trust me... I've seen this occur many times.

I found a video on YouTube on Monday of two cousins/best friends who grew up together here in Utah. They happened to turn in their mission papers on the same day, and as luck would have it, they received their mission calls in the mail on the same day as well. They gathered together with friends and family to open their calls together. Family members joked about them serving in the same country, since it's hard to imagine them far apart even if they are missionaries. Although that chance was one-in-a-million, something even bigger happened that shocked everyone! Not only are they both going to the Italy Milan Mission, they are both leaving on the same day, too!


Crazy, huh? I've never heard of two close friends, brothers, cousins, etc. go to the same mission before. It will be so neat if they are able to serve together! I guess we will just have to wait and see if that happens!

I wrote an article on this and got to interview the two boys and their families. Such a neat experience for sure! You can read my article here!

I also found a YouTube video yesterday that also happened to be missionary-related. It was of a guy opening his call, and his roommate decided to pull a prank on him. He steamed open his mission call and replaced the real one with a fake one! The mission call said he would be serving in Antarctica, speaking the Emperor Penguin Language. Too funny!


If you are reading this and haven't watched both videos... Shame on you! They are too good to pass up!

Anyways, these videos have only increased my love for missionaries, mainly the first video though! It was no accident those two cousins were called to the same mission. The Lord works in mysterious ways, that's for sure!

One last one... I found this one odd, but I thought it was strange, so I just had to share it as well!


I think in some cases, like this one, it IS, infact, too soon to get engaged! Let the poor guy breathe a little for heaven's sake! He's still technically a missionary until he gets set apart, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment