Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Warm soup and warm weather. What more do I need?

Today for dinner, I am making my favorite potato soup!

Here is is sitting in all of its glory :) It will sit in the crock pot for 7 hours and become the most delicious soup ever! I hope my roommates and friends coming over will agree!

Here is the recipe in case you want to try it for yourself:
8 Cups diced peeled potatoes
3 Tablespoons dehydrated onions
5 1/2 Cups water
8 chicken bullion cubes
1 Can cream of chicken soup
1 package of cream cheese cubed
1/4 Teaspoon pepper
1/2 Cup bacon bits
1/2 Cup shredded cheese
Chives

Directions:
In a slow cooker, combine first 5 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours (potatoes should be tender). Add cream cheese, stir until blended. Garnish with bacon, cheese and chives if desired. Makes 3 quarts.


Normally, Rexburg becomes an iceberg after only being at school for 3 weeks, and by the middle of October snow and ice are a common sight. Well, here is what it looked like outside of my bedroom window this morning:

Sunny weather, and around 65 degrees will be the high. Definitely not normal for Rexburg, which by now should be in the negatives during the night and mornings then only get into the single digits for the rest of the day! I am SO grateful for this uncommon occurrence. I am such a wimp when it comes to the cold winters, especially Rexburg winters where there's a wind chill that kills you when you're walking up the hill to school! I am going to enjoy my warm soup in the warm weather while it lasts!

Oh... and my ward, for the 5th semester in a row, is the Ultimate Frisbee Champs! I like to say I'm their good luck charm, since they have been the champions every Fall and Spring semester since I've been at school!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't checked blogs forever and haven't you been the little miss busy beaver!! Cooking, classes, having way too much fun!! Gotta love it!! You are too cute! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete