Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Favorite Tradition!

My aunt and I have a tradition has been going on for a very long time now. I want to tell the story how I remember it so it makes more sense!

When I was around 5 years old, my mom dropped me off at my Aunt Mimi's house so she could watch me. I loved powdered doughnuts, and so my mom packed me a bag of them to take with me. When I got to my aunt's house, I really wanted to go outside and play with my cousin Brianne's puppy Baily. My aunt thought it would be a good idea too. So I set my doughnuts on the counter and started walking towards the door, but I stopped, turned towards my aunt, and exclaimed, "Wait a minute! You just want to eat my doughnuts, don't you!" My aunt laughed and told me she would never even consider doing that. Me being as gullible as I am believed her and proceeded to go play with Baily.

I came back inside, planning on eating my doughnuts, BUT THEY WERE ALL GONE! My aunt is such a tease and I couldn't believe she had ate them all! We laughed about it and she said she would get me some more on my birthday to make up for it. And she kept that promise and bought me some.

This was such a funny joke in our family that my aunt and I still to this day buy each other powdered doughnuts for our birthdays. But with a twist of course. I never know what to expect when getting my doughnuts. On my 16th birthday my aunt wrote out "16" with the doughnuts on a huge piece of cardboard covered in tin foil. My last birthday my aunt made me a way cute magnet board with powdered doughnut magnets she had made, along with a box of powdered doughnuts to go along with it of course. My aunt is just so creative and I can never seem to beat her! I blame it on the birthdays, because I seriously forget until the week before my aunt's birthday to do something for her, and so my surprise to her gives her a 2-month warning to do mine!

My aunt's birthday was on the 25th of October, and it was midterms week last week but even though I was crazy busy with homework and studying up to my ears I remembered my aunt's birthday! So I decided to decorate the powdered doughnuts as Halloween creatures such as spiders and witches. My aunt loves witches so I thought it was a good idea. Well, I had to mail them since I'm at school so of course the doughnuts got destroyed in the mail. I was pretty sad about it but my aunt reassured me it was the thought that counts. Luckily I sent "before" pictures with her package so she could appreciate how cute they really were before!



She sent me pictures on my phone of the afters. It is a sorry sight to see my little creatures in pieces! But I will think of something way creative to do next year, I have to! I love you Aunt Mimi! Thanks for being SO great!

No comments:

Post a Comment