Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

A "Sweet" and Free Weekend

Thanks to two of my favorite blogging ladies Kate Jones and Sara Wells, creators of Our Best Bites, I found out about some free chocolate demonstration classes at Orson H. Gygi that were held this past weekend. I knew I had to go to at least one of the classes. Free and chocolate... two of my favorite words when combined is bliss!

I invited my friend Kristen to go because I hadn't seen her in so long and we were definitely due for a catch-up date. She was able to come with her friend Carissa and we ended up going to the "Healthy Chocolate Fudge and Peanut Butter Cups" class. Before our class started, we had fun walking around the Orson H. Gygi store. They have everything there you could imagine to use in your kitchen. It's the perfect place for a DIY bride to get what she needs for chocolate and cake-related things. They also had  plastic plates and silverware in every single color you can imagine, and the cutest cupcake paper liners I have ever seen! I love making cupcakes, so I now know where I will be going to get my cupcake supplies when I need them!

Our class was super fun. We got to try fudge and peanut butter cup samples afterwards which was the "sweetest" part! The lady who taught our class has a website all about healthy eating, and she said she'll be hosting another FREE class in December to learn more about healthy cooking. I am so going!

After our fun little class, we went to one of my favorite places to eat. Zupas in Sugarhouse was celebrating their grand opening, so all weekend they were giving out FREE desserts when you purchased a meal. Simply wonderful! Each of us got a different flavor of creme brulee, and all three of them were delicious.

We had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment