Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Many Stories from Deseret News

I have been wanting to put together a blog post where I post links to all the stories I've written while at Deseret News. There's a lot of them... and I have been putting off doing think knowing how time consuming it's going to take me... but I know it will be a good resource to have someday when I am wanting to look back at my articles someday! I will probably have 10 or more stories to add as well once I write them.

Note: I still need to add most of the story links which I plan on doing when I can! I was due for a blog post :)

My favorites I've written (in order from newest to oldest):

Close cousins surprised to be called to the same Mormon Mission
15 facts you may not know about 15 Mormon temples
Mormon with rare skin disease paints, sings and reaches out to others
How bloggers make money
Basketball player from opposing team puts golden rule into play
'Next Great Baker' finalist's Mormon faith on display
Teens and cell phones: Tips for parents (this story was in the national edition!)
Video about woman burned in plane crash becomes first Mormon Message video to reach 1 million views
Chicago golden retrievers travel to Newtown to comfort children, families
Mormon author shares journey through '31 Dates in 31 Days'
Nativity scenes depicted by LDS artists
Christmas light displays and events around LDS temples
Actress Jane Seymour reflects on performance with Mormon Tabernacle Choir, prepares to visit Utah
A glimpse of past performances by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Conference summed up through pictures

Close seconds (in order from newest to oldest):

Audience will be captivated by breathtaking music in 'The Magic Flute' (I got to go to this opera for work!)
Indexing: What projects are next?
Ten movies to watch on Valentine's Day
The Little Heroes Foundation provides clean water to help children live healthy lifestyles
'An Ordinary Hero' tells inspirational true story
Local resident shares story in 'Chicken Soup for the Soul: Finding my Faith'
Children's book drive commemorates the life of 18-month-old Gabriel Saville
How to avoid stress this holiday season
Small town band Chasing Chance is hoping to go big
Do you spoil your kids?
Brandon Mull releases two new books this month


The many others (in order from newest to oldest): 

Utah Symphony brings Mendelssohn Symphonies to an end
Utah Symphony and Utah Opera presents 2013-14 season
Utah Symphony to perform Italy-themed music (catching a theme here?)
CHADD of Utah to hold annual conference
Utah Opera brings fantasy to life in upcoming production
NBC to broadcast U.S. Ski Team 36 featuring Tim Ligety
The Lower Lights Christmas concert in review
Red Cardigan Records releases Christmas album to help Utah Valley feed the hungry
'Portraits of Childhood' exhibit features art and artifacts of childhood from past to present
Book Review: 'The Savior in Kirtland' by Karl Ricks Anderson
What's New: 'The Life of Our Lord' by Charles Dickens includes illustrations by Simon Dewey
Deseret Star Playhouse to present holiday sequel
'Winter Festival of Sounds' to be performed by Bells on Temple Square
SCERA honors director in 1st annual Jerry Elison Scholarship Concert
What's New; 'The Nativity' contains artwork to go along with the story of Jesus Christ's birth
A recap of 'Luz de la Naciones: Sus Promesas'
UMOCA announces new Artists-in-Residence program
Cowboy Poetry returns to Heber Valley for 18th year in a row
What's New: 'Fires of Faith' shares the history of the King James Bible translation
UVU President Matthew S. Holland to celebrate America's heritage with UVU Symphony
Pioneer Theatre Company to release remaining show tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment